Kyl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowstring - MM hunter

4 posters

Go down

Bowstring -  MM hunter Empty Bowstring - MM hunter

Post  szeszej Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

IRL information:

Name: Christopher
Current occupation: Student of English Studies

Anything else you want us to know about yourself: I'm a 4th year student of English Studies (that means I got to write my thesis next year) hopefully you don't need much more personal data. I don't have a real work yet so I got plenty time to play WoW (unless my uni's schedule is fucked up, more on this later). Gamewise I may be up for a bit of DOTA or CS but haven't played those for some time, got an Xbox also but cba to pay for Gold.

Character(s) information:

Name: Bowstring
Race: Troll
Class: Huntard
Professions: LW/Scribe

Current realm: Nordrassil
Current guild: Dead End

Primary raiding spec: 7/57/7 with TSA
Offspec, if any: at the moment 54/17/0 for PvP but I certainly can get an offspec for raiding if it is required
/played: 58 days on the hunter, probably more or less the same amount of time on my rogue+warrior

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=bowstring

Any additional information you wish to share about this character: This is my main character since I've started playing WoW and at the beginning it was only for PvE purposes (in TBC I've only PvPed with it as much as was needed for some decent gear) that's why my PvP achievs may look a bit lackluster but I hope it's not a major concern. What can I say more, I'm a troll cause trolls are teh sexeh, I'm a LW cause this was the prof I've started playing with and I like it (especially the cheap leg enchants can save a lot of cash nowadays) and a scribe cause at the beginning of WotLK it was the most profitable prof, I remember getting 200+g from a single glyph (and also it's a lazy prof cause now I don't have to spend hours and hours on Sons rep)

Any relevant information about your alts: Stabmehard lvl80 Rogue Skin/Herb created mostly for PvP purposes but I grew bored of Rogue PvP so now I've switched altogether to Bowstring and don't play this character too much. My other alt is Heterorc (some of you may remember her from some PuGs) lvl80 Prot Warrior Mining/BS which I, thanks to my uberl33tskillz in making gold, managed to gear up to at least ulduar lvl in 14 days (I've dinged 80 on 30th of September), also you can see that I got exalted with Sons on this char so don't think that I've taken up Inscription only because I can be lazy on dailies Razz

Guild History and other information: My first serious (=non-levelling) guild was Epsilon at the very end of TBC then Ground Zero just at the beginning of WotLK then Dead End as a result of a merger between GZ and Post Mortem

Tell us about your Guild and WoW history: I've started playing in late TBC times (Summer 2008, 2.4 already I believe) but I was very interested in WoW for some time before that so I could pick up some theory and go into Azeroth with some basic knowledge of how everything works. I've started playing with 3 of my friends two of which rerolled Alliance recently and are no longer raiding (hopefully they'll soon see the error of their sinful ways). We've used the Recruit A Friend program so we rushed through the early lvls on dungeons alone (with my pet as a tank until TBC 5mans). Some time after dinging 70 I applying to and then joined Epsilon and had some fun time with them wiping on Gruul, in SSC and after the great nerft of 2008 also in BT (and SWP trash, we cleared the first pack but it was srs bsns kk?). After WotLK came out I levelled pretty quickly and after some wiping in Naxx10 I decided to follow my fellow hunter Rothas and apply to GZ. The application was successful and then the real raiding began (if you can call SNaxx real raiding) and also first successes - as far as I remember realm 2nd or 3rd OS3D in 25man. Then there was Ulduar and some real real raiding. Unfortunately summer came and as some say summer is a guild killer. GZ lost some of its more prominent members and we merged with PM. At the beginning everything was great but as time passed some people lost their will to raid I guess and that's how I ended up here.

Tell us about your raid experience: Vanilla: none sadly Sad, TBC: Karazhan cleared, Gruul cleared (as far as I remember), there were some wiped in SSC but I can't remember if we've actually downed anything, TK: 2/4 (I think you can safely guess which ones), BT up to Mother Shahraz and Hyjal up to Archimonde (and 1st trash pack in SWP, it's srs bsns remember!), Wotlk: (I'll just enumerate some of the harder encounters we've beaten) Freya 2/3, Vezzax HM, IC HM, Tribute of Skill on ToC10

The hardest encounter you have beaten is? Well as a hunter I think there wasn't any particularily difficult encounters, maybe if we tried Yogg+0 it'd be another story, but as a person the hardest encounter would be probably Vezzax HM with the constant running in running out shadow crash out of the group, run in run out run in run out LIFE LEECH OMG!!!!1111oneoneone

What is the most useless and most useful talent or skill your class has and why? Most useless clrly Savage Strikes, probably a relic from Vanilla Melee Hunter times. From the most useful (and not too obvious) I would say Careful Aim as it changed the way hunters gear (well, it allowed hunters to use hunter gear effectively) and is a must have for any spec.

Any important addons you use for raiding? COMIX, if you don't have it you're not a real raider! But seriously the usual stuff: omen, DBM, recount. The rest of the addons is not really necessary but make my UI look teh sexeh

Link a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raid environment: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot090809214342.jpg/ (cooldowns are now moved from the left of the screen to the top so I can better distinguish them from other buffs)

We raid Monday - Thursday 18:45-22:30 server time. We need to know if you can make every raid. If not, please specify: I would be able to attend all the raids but unfortunately my University is a bit fucked up so I'll probably have classes every second Tuesday until 21.00 server time (there is a chance that we'll be able to move the classes to an earlier hour) so I wouldnt be able to attend once every two weeks.

We require the use of full consumables for every raid, is this going to be a problem for you? Of course not, some ARP food, pet food and a nice flask are always in my bags

List your gaming machines technical specs and lowest fps during raids: 2x2Ghz, 2GB RAM, Radeon3850, I've never check my fps but I suppose it's never lower than 10 (unless in Dalagran)

Do you have a stable internet connection? Yes, I've recently eliminated my connection problems which plagued me in GZ times (new network card and router ftw)

What do you expect from us? I'm expecting a competitive raiding environment where I can play with people who do their best to beat the hardest encounters available in-game and progress through every possible raid. Of course in return I'm giving you a dedicated player who shows up to as many raids as humanly possible, doing his best and wiping happily to be victorious in the end.

Anything else you would like us to know:
If you need any specifig information you can /w any of the DE officers, hopefully they'll give me as good a recommendation as I deserve to have.
I'm playing with my girlfriend so if you need any high quality flasks just go to AH and search for flasks made by Alveaenerle.
Also if you need some gold I could certainly use some more money to pay my bills Smile

szeszej

Back to top Go down

Bowstring -  MM hunter Empty Re: Bowstring - MM hunter

Post  Niqita Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 am

Nicely written application.
You clearly know how to play. Only thing that I must ask is that after recent Arp nerf do you still think ( have you done research with spreadsheed) that gemming arp is better than agi without arp trinket. I just regemmed my gear with basicly +20 agi on every slot and I must admit I have been little lazy with theorycrafting lately because I have actually have to do something while I work.
Niqita
Niqita

Back to top Go down

Post  Niqita Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 am

Also about your spec. I would drop TSA right away. We usually run with 2-3 melee shammies so it's really not needed, but thats just in our raids don't know if it was needed where you raided Smile

Also steady shot glyph is useless on MM spec atm according to:
http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t44519-fd_bug_other_issues/p10/#post1391413

PS. Also props about about Race and Gender
Niqita
Niqita

Back to top Go down

Post  elbu Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

Agility is the way to go atm on hunter.
elbu
elbu

Back to top Go down

Post  szeszej Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:07 pm

As to the Agi vs Arp discussion Arp build I can still see higher number (by about 100 dps) with Arp gems (that is of course on the spreadsheet, doublechecked) if you want to prove me wrong please do, I've tried every possibility there is I suppose and still this spec is the highest dps one. Also it has a nice adventage of a simplified rotation and the not calculable benefits of FA (SS pushback).

SS glyph - that's interesting, I've read that it is bugged but I have for some reason falsely assumed that it is the spreadsheet, not the game that wrongly calculates it. Surprisingly I can see the biggest dps gain when I change the glyph to Chimera Shot so I may go for that or else Hunter's Mark to boost my fellow hunter's dps Razz. I dislike Rapid Fire because with Berserking when I burn my cooldowns I got more than enough of haste (especially if there happens to be BL) and both of them are on 3min cd so I always burn them simultenously. I'm also considering IAotH.

TSA - you I know it's kind of useless when you got the buff but we sometimes lacked it in here, of course I'll change it if needed for 3/3 IBarrage

Niqita wrote:
PS. Also props about about Race and Gender

Naked feet, tusks and green-blue skin is what turns me on Razz

szeszej

Back to top Go down

Post  balatro Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Accepted. Bowstring -  MM hunter SailboatWelcome-lg
balatro
balatro

Back to top Go down